Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Mailbox

My mailbox is green. It has the number 11 on it and the letter A. It sits on a pole next to it's mate, number 11(no letters), at the bottom of a long, steep, windy drive, which has a very big ditch beside it. It's a treacherous journey down to the mailbox. It's winter here and the temperature barely reaches double figures most days. (we measure in celcius) So sometimes its icy, sometimes its covered in loose gravel, sometimes its very windy as we sit on top of a big hill. My house sits at the top of a large block which is being subdivided and hence some construction is occuring in front. Luckily we are situated so nothing will obstruct my view and i can not be built out behind as we back on to a public reserve. Beautiful. Peaceful. Private. BUT...... it means i have a long steep and often hazardous walk to check my mailbox each day. Normally this isn't an issue. However, since i won the competition on Neil Andrea's blog (http://www.neilandrea.com/ go and have a look, you won't regret it) it will shortly become necessary for me to check my mailbox a little more regularly - like every half an hour - lol..... no seriously..... i might just get a little fitter this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment