Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Le Tour de France

This time next year, all being well, I will be in France watching a couple of the TDF stages live.  Its been a dream of mine for a while now.  I would have loved to have had the opportunity to see Lance Armstrong compete but, as this is his last year, that won't happen  I do hope to see him in the Hawaiian Ironman in 2011.  2011 is the year of MY BIG ADVENTURE. More about that later. 

So next year look for me at the top of one of the mountain stages and half way up the Col de Tourmalet - by far my favourite col.  This year the riders must conquer its slope's twice in 2 days.  Absolute torture.  The  rest of the time I'll be in a pub somewhere in France/Europe watching the highlights on tv, eating and drinking!!!

This years Tour has been one of carnage and drama over the first ten days.  So many crashes in the first few days  ruined the chances of several race favourites, including Lance; the complaints of the riders about the cobble stage; the go slow by the peleton.  All in all it has been fantastic for spectators and for tv viewing.  I watch for the scenic views as well as the cycling.  The history, the architecture, the stories told by the commentators all make for great viewing as the peleton passes through each small town.  Plus men in lycra with shaved legs aren't bad on the eye either!!  Or as is the case with the pic here- no lycra!!!!  So another week and a half of late nights and sleep ins.  Luckily for me i'm off work at the moment.  i couldn't have times it better if it tried!!  Although i am getting cabin fever and would much rather be back at work than lazing around home watching daytime tv and tweeting ridiculous amounts, trying to keep myself occupied. 

No comments:

Post a Comment