Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Naming rights....

I'm a weirdo.  I say that and mean it.  As far back as i can remember i have always named inanimate objects. Its a family thing, inherited from my mother.  The main objects i have named have been my cars, which is relatively normal. I think!!! My current vehicle is Harvey. He's a boring wagon. His name suits him.  He plods a long reliably doing his job of getting us from A to B.  We also have Poppy, an ageing, red Ford Fiesta, who is actually Adele's car but i tend to drive as she doesn't drive a manual.  Neither did i until recently.  That's another story. My previous car was Colin Malcolm, a Toyoto Camry wagon. Again a boring wagon, who liked to drink a little too much, resulting in problems with his head. And prior to that Lucy the useless Laser.  A contrary biatch of a car who had a mind of her own.  She was retired due to an unfortunate 'meeting' with a friends vehicle towing a boat. 

My reasoning behind naming my cars is that if i give them names, suited to their idiosyncracies, then they may be more likely to behave!  I have yet to prove this theory as i have not conducted a proper study! (I didn't actually call Lucy "useless" to her bonnet as i didnt want to affect her performance! ) And unfortunately, each car HAS  required large sums of money to be spent on their care and upkeep!!  The jury is still out....

At the moment Harvey is desperately asking for a day at the day spa.  He may get his wish next week!  Might even take him shopping for some new shoes if i'm feeling generous. :)

See i am a weirdo.......

2 comments:

  1. You may be a weirdo but you make me laugh :) So please, keep being a weirdo!

    ReplyDelete